Monday, July 7, 2008

rarrrrrrrrgh!

I'm in Dayton. I got in on the 3rd. Fatty's been so awesome in helping me find places in Dayton, he directed me to one of his friends, Ryan, within 5 minutes of my call. I stayed at Ryan's house till morning, took a nap in a gazebo, woke up on the 4th of July & crawled to a coffee house.

I dont know if I've developed some kind of traveler's intuition, gotten sucked into some kind of punk rock orbit, or have been graced with sheer dumb luck, but managed to find the coolest people in dayton within hours. I ran into a guy, Nick, who runs an all ages punk venue (the only one in dayton?) with his awesome lady, Mindy, & they've let me stay in their house & butt in to their projects. There's a show tonight, we made this badass pinata to put all the merch into & BLAMMM bust it open. (pictures later)

The only thing that sucks is; my knees feel totally fucked. Crunching up hills is excruciating. I'm trying to rest up for a few days, take vitamins, but if it continues, I'm going to have to fly to san fran & rethink my strategy for biking up the coast. I feel fine biking on flat land, its just the hills that get me. Feels like my knees are ripping inside, a sharp pain, not a dull one. All advice appreciated.
I'm only 40 miles from the Indiana border, maybe 120 from indianapolis.
Let me go, Ohio! Let me go!

Thanks to Cleveo & Cbus for helping me out so so much! This trip has been GREAT so far! I want more more more!

2 comments:

Fatty McBastard said...

I hope you were able to meet up with some of the Dayton polo crew. It's good to hear traveler's karma is on your side. Take care of your knees. I hope they feel better soon.

Alex K. said...

i really hope your knees improve :(