Friday, July 11, 2008

Hola! recap:

Tuesday night: Rode around dayton with some cool people. Dayton is a surprising place. I never thought there would be so many genuinely interesting people. There are! I found them!
Drinks were had. I learned...in Cleveland, Black Label is a cheap beer. In Dayton, it's a $7 shot. Oh well. True to form, I left on Wednesday with a hangover. Thanks, Dayton!

Wednesday: Left Dayton at 4pm. Rode 50 miles to Indiana border, the day was beautiful & flat & I think I got choked up a couple of times just because I was so goddamn happy. Hunkered down in a field bordered by highways. Kind of okay. Lots of cool fireflies.

Thursday: Woke up at 7 am. Got coffee in a little diner at about 10, (in the smoking section holyshit) Trucking continued. Man, Indiana is not as flat as I was led to believe. I mean, it's okay, but it's not like, see for 15 miles ahead of you flat. I stopped a bunch of times to rest. Breakfast lunch dinner icecream just cause. I layed on the side of the road & watched horses for about an hour. The sun baked me, I sweated out about 10 waterbottles, & broke the cleat off of my shoe. It didnt rain, & I was mostly happy. rode 70 miles. Slept in a motel for 30 bucks, someone opened the door to my room at 4:30 am & before I was even awake I was screaming, "Get the hell out, motherfucker!". They booked.

Today! I'm in indianapolis, got my shoe fixed, got a place to stay, I think there's a cool art opening in broadripple. Uh... Yeah! My knees still hurt, my butt hurts, but I feel good. Definitely getting into better shape, & very dark as well.

I found a cool dead bug, but I'm having trouble saving the butterflies without them getting moldy. I cant put them into airtight containers, or their own dead body fluid will mold them, but putting them in cigarette packs & stuff exposes them to too much water. hrrrm. I had some pretty cool ones. Havent started roadkill photodiary yet, but I will! Promise! Thanks so much everyone! I miss you!

1 comment:

Fatty McBastard said...

Good to hear Dayton treated you right. let me know the next few big cities that are in your sights. I'll see if I can contact some people.

Glad to help.

-Fatty