Tuesday, September 28, 2010


Yo guys, how do I look in this onesie?




FUCKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
um. new york. Now I'm just waiting out the rain. I'll be going back to philly on saturday morning, then down and down and down.
My time spent here has been a little strange. I felt so triumphant when I arrived, but nothing is really as I expected. I've been trying to take chances, but things havent really been going my way. My grand imagined new york fantasy really didnt manifest as expected, though it's still ok.
I've run into so many people I know. some folks from sf/poakland. one of the bartenders from now thats class. a nice boy I went to high school with.
I am entranced by manhattan downtown traffic. I'm not going to jizz all over you about "the perfect line" and how I feel "so at one with the road, man" but wow. It takes so much concentration to make it around that I feel a deep zen calm when zooming through lines of cabs and trying to predict the most aloof and inconsiderate pedestrians in the world.
I cant wrap my head around brooklyn streets. I dont have a map, and I spent 6 horrible hours looking for coney island the other day, which I never did find. Wandering aimlessly I enjoy, but being lost is not the same thing. brooklyn is not very big. It's pretty ridiculous that I could be lost for 6 hours. I only recognize about 10-15 streets, and many of them run oblique so they cant reliably be used as a reference of direction if I dont know in what order the streets intersect. I've had a lot of frustration just trying to get around. I dont know what I'm going to do today, but getting a map is pretty high on my list.
nothing else to report, really. Off to play in the rain.

2 comments:

David Decimal said...

thanks
for not jizzing on me

N said...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/art_of_the_state/manarmhasamanarm.png