Tuesday, September 14, 2010

phillest illest

I am still in philidelphia. Yesterday someone tried to convince me to eat something called 'scrapple'. Today I will eat a cheesesteak.
I'm on my way to visit the Museum of Medical Oddities. ! ! !
I just wanted to tell you about more random cycles of luck. I lost my phone on sunday. I had been aimlessly around the city for hours. I dont even know what streets I was on. maybe all of them. I realized my phone wasnt in my back pocket. Fuck. I was panicked. I had just been thinking about how badly I needed to write down all of my numbers in case of an emergency. but of course I hadnt done it. fuck fuck fuck.
I went back to a house I had been staying at, and used a phone to call my phone over and over. It was raining outside, and I was pretty worried that the phone would get shorted out by the water and never be recovered. When someone finally answered it, it ended up being at a punk show, found by the super nice doorguy, who didnt even want a beer or a sandwich as a thank you for hangin on to it. I hadnt been to the venue that day. or ever. WHAT ARE THE FUCKING CHANCES?
I then wrote down all of my numbers. yes.
PRDCT

1 comment:

N said...

"Locally called "everything but the oink" or made with "everything but the squeal",[3] scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, heart, liver, and other scraps, which are boiled with any bones attached (often the entire head), to make a broth. Once cooked, bones and fat are discarded, the meat is reserved, and (dry) cornmeal is boiled in the broth to make a mush. The meat, finely minced, is returned to the pot and seasonings, typically sage, thyme, savory, black pepper, and others, are added. [4][5] The mush is formed into loaves and allowed to cool thoroughly until set. The proportions and seasoning are very much a matter of the region and the cook's taste.[6]" -- from wikipedia [emphasis my own]