Friday, October 8, 2010

disaster

I left Philly yesterday. Beautiful day, perfect weather. 40 miles later my knee hurt so bad I had to call the house and have someone come pick me up. Pain is in the back of the knee. I'm going to try to get my fit adjusted, might just be a cleat/saddle problem. I tore my MCL in my right knee in 2008, and that's the knee I usually worry about because it's the knee that usually hurts most, swells up, and so on. when it started tingling outside of Baltimore, I put a brace on it and it got better. It's my left knee that is killing me now, which has never been injured, which makes me think it's more of a fit problem. It didnt start hurting till my way back from NYC. I'll try to rest up for a week or so, but I think my bike tour is over. I am so fucking bummed out.

Though, I can't tell you how happy I am to have such amazing friends in philly. They came to get me on a moment's notice, and told me I could stay with them for as long as it takes me to figure out my plans.
So, overall, I'd say I'm pretty lucky.
keepin it posi

No comments: