Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bike scavenger hunt! Yeah! You heard me!


More walking around until then.
I wrecked on my bike volunteering for the love letter delivery service thing. Nothing too bad, just some wicked road rash. Me & bike are fine now. But it is AWESOME.
Amorous citizens come in, type a love letter on fancy paper, then jumpsuit clad "factory workers" assemble embroidered tags, bows, put it all in a glass bottle & clip it to a pulley system made of bike wheels & rope & yell, "Love on the line!". At the opposite end of the factory it gets sorted by zip code, then put in a courier bag & hand (wheel?) delivered!
I'm so excited I'm making terrible run-on sentences!

oh oh AND! (you may have got this as a text message from me when it happened)

There was a bad storm the other night, tornado sirens going off & whatnot & the landlord of the house I'm staying at drank a gallon of Carlo Rossi & fired his guns into the sky, telling us "I protect my tenants. I shoot that motherfucking tornado!"

woo chicago!

3 comments:

Fatty McBastard said...

Yah, I got the text and laughed at "the crazy albanian landlord is drinking a galon of Carlo Rossi and shooting a gun at the thunderstorm"

Unknown said...

That's amazing. Your post is making me seriously reconsider my dislike of Chicago.

Cari! The Couchsurfers from Montreal finished their trip and stayed with me today as their final stop, and they asked about you and told me to e-mail them a link to your blog. It is very good that you are keeping a blog.

They bought an onion at the west side market, and it traveled with them in wild zigzags across the country and circled back to Cleveland. We ate it in a yummy curry stirfry and it made everything felt very complete.

I hope you are eating well!

& that love letter delivery service sounds so my like a crazy whimsical daydream I almost don't believe you.

singvogel handwerk said...

That may be the greatest story ever told! I miss you cari, I hope I can run into you soon! I will be in Chicago on the 3rd through the 5th for a barista jam, if you are still there I'd like to see you! <3<3<3 theresa