Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dear Cleveland

I want to address why I'm leaving you. This may be hard for you to understand but, Cleveland, dont you think for a second that I am not helplessly in love with you. Today, for perhaps the last time in a long while, I rode through your downtown streets, looked at your boring tall buildings, cursed your unnavigable construction sites & almost cried for love of you.
When one falls in love, it is not for physical beauty. Lets face it. You are grey, old, & hideous. Even your pigeons are in crappy shape. You smell like a sewer, even in winter. & I know you're no good for me, cause I've crashed on yr streets & almost killed myself like nowhere else. But still, I feel an uncontrollable swell of love & pride when I see the night line of yr ugly buildings, yr smelly streets. This is because I love you. But I am running away from you, Cleveland. There are many things unhealthy about a relationship that stagnates on familiarity, & I cannot help but think you have no more to offer me now. I have other places to go, other people to meet. Even though I feel this will help us, both of us, grow; I cant help but feel guilty, like I'm running off with the Vapid Hot Chick. She doesnt mean anything to me, I swear. She's a momentary distraction. & when I return from my cheatin' ways, I'll show you all the dirty tricks that ho taught me. Because, Cleveland, no matter what I say, no matter how far I wander, you'll always be my home. I will always come back to you, & you'll always be as glad to see me as I am to leave you.

I love you.
Really.

Cari 

No comments: